I was walking I heard my cell phone ring. I picked up the phone and heard an immature little girl's voice: “Daddy, could you come back quickly, I miss you so much!" My intuition immediately told me she called a wrong number as I have only a 6 year-old son and do not have a daughter. This kind of calling had not been unusual as sometimes people dial a wrong number. I replied impolitely, “You have called a wrong number," then hung up the phone.
In the following days, the same phone number called me back several times. I started becoming annoyed. Sometimes I answered back in a crude voice saying you have again called a wrong number, or sometimes I simply did not to answer the calls.
One day the same number called again, and what was different that day was as I tried not to answer the calls, the caller continuously dialed in relentless. I kept my patience and finally answered the phone, that same girl's worn out voice: “Daddy, could you come back quickly? I am thinking of you! Mother said I have not called a wrong number and this is your handset number. Daddy I am so hurt! Mother said that you are busy. Only Mom is looking after me everyday and she has been exhausted. Daddy I know that your job is very laborious, if you could not come, could you please kiss your sweet little girl one time in the telephone?” Child's naive request did not allow me to reject, I treated the microphone as the little girl and made loud kissing sound several times. I heard some on and off voices of the little girl on the other side of phone: “Thanks ...... Daddy, I am ...... so ...... happy, so ...... happy ......”
Just as I became interested in this wrong number telephone call, the next call back was not the girl, but a low and deep female voice: "Sorry, Mister. These days my little daughter’s call must have troubled you. I am sorry for that really! I wanted apologize to you earlier originally but overwhelmed by handling other matters. My sweet little girl’s life was very bitter. She was born with a kind of bone cancer. Her father was killed in a traffic accident a few days ago. The daily chemotherapy, pains in the deep of her bones at times, already let her suffered a great deal and I do not dare to tell her father’s death to her. When the pain is really unendurable, she always shouted between her lips her Daddy’s frequent encourage words before and she was a very good girl. I was not cruel enough to tell her about her father and that day I made up a phone number of her Daddy ...... .
“How is the little sweet now?” I asked impatiently.
“My sweet little girl has passed away. I am calling back to thank you that you must have kissed her in the telephone that day, she left in a smile and happiness. Just before her leaving, she gripped the telephone so closely to her and gripped it so tightly to be able to enjoy the “Daddy’s kissing” on the handset ......”
I do not know when, both of my eyes have started blurring with tears ......
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I feeling soooo sad . I'd like to know Is this real or story ?
Post a Comment